Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday 12 October 2011

My first sugarcraft creation!

On Saturday 1st October 2011 I attended my first ever sugarcraft class.  This is something I have wanted to try for ages, but the initial outlay for materials and equipment seemed rather steep for me to just try it out so I thought this would be a good way of seeing if a. I liked it and b. if I could actually do it!

You may recall that this particular Saturday was unseasonably hot.  As a consequence of that the sugar paste was drying out far too quickly which made it very difficult to manipulate successfully.  I felt sorry for our tutor as she was really struggling to get round us all before all our paste was drying.  However, before the day was over I managed to create this:


For a first attempt I am very proud of my Christmas rose and mistletoe.  Unfortunately the holly berries have cracked and keep dropping off!  I really enjoyed making this decoration and would love to have another go when the weather is cooler.

Thank you for looking.

Beth. xxx

1 lovely comments:

Soo said...

Really pretty - can't believe it's your first effort!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments. They make me feel good :-)

Beth. xxx