Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday 13 January 2012

Absent Friends

Hello fellow bloggers.  I hope you've had a good week?  Mine has been pretty naff.  Everything that could go wrong at work has done so and even my birthday last Tuesday was a bit of a damp squib as I had to work late.  The highlight was opening all the cards I received from my birthday swap friends over at Craft Telly Forum.  They were all beautiful and made my birthday much more special than it would have otherwise been.

Anyway, enough of my yakking on.  A very dear friend of mine has been going through a rough patch and I haven't been able to get in touch via our usual means.  Several of our mutual friends have decided to get together and post her a whole bunch of hand crafted cards just to let her know that we are thinking of her and this is the card I have made:


I made the background by stamping with Versamark a piece of Clarity card using one of my favourite Marion Emberson stamps which I embossed with gold embossing powder.  I then used Peeled Paint distress ink to colour in the background.  The wooden fan/leaf shape is something I discovered in a box of pot pourri that I have had for a while.  The added bonus of using that is it smells good!  The sentiment is just printed out on my PC.  It's a simple card, but I love the way it turned out.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love,
Beth. xxx

3 lovely comments:

Lin said...

I am sure KWC will love your card Beth. Sorry you have had such a rough week, particularly with it having been your birthday week. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

I've used bits from Pot Pourri on my cards too!

Lin

Anne said...

Beth this is lovely, great idea to add scent to it
Anne
x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beth so sorry to have missed your birthday ! Hope this week is better for you. Love this gorgeous card am a bit of a sucker for embossing. Beautiful background am sure your friend will love it.

Marie

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I love reading your comments. They make me feel good :-)

Beth. xxx